As we approach the holiday season, people are going to start looking around for gifts to buy their loved ones (if you haven’t already started – you might want to get on it!). As you do, you should be aware of product recalls as well as unsafe products that have the potential to turn the holiday season sour. Here are some recent recalls and other advisories to help keep you and your family safe:
- Are you a fan of off-road vehicles? Polaris General is recalling almost 20,000 side-by-side recreational off-highway vehicles due to defects in the steering wheel shaft. The company has received reports of the shaft separating, resulting in loss of control and the potential for crashes. The models in question are model year 2016 and 2017 2- and 4-seat vehicles.
- Have a relative with a newborn? You should be careful when selecting gifts for the baby. PlanToys is recalling hundreds of baby gyms due to a strangulation hazard. The gyms were sold nationwide and online on sites like Diapers.com and Target.com. Make sure the gym you buy is not one of those affected!
- Best-selling eyebrow makeup product Gimme Brow has been recalled due to a potential for eye irritation.
- Another popular children’s toy, the Bruin Infant Wiggle Ball, could pose a choking hazard due to the rubber knobs on the sides detaching.
- Be careful when selecting furniture at IKEA. Another child has died due to a dresser tipping over and suffocating him.
If you or your loved one has been injured or killed due to a defective or recalled product, speak to a personal injury or wrongful death attorney.